Extremists Salahuddin Amin and Omar Khyam have both been referred to the Parole Board for potential freedom, its spokesperson confirmed

Extremists Salahuddin Amin and Omar Khyam have both been referred to the Parole Board for potential (Image: Getty)
Two of the most dangerous terrorists in Britain who plotted to kill hundreds of people by blowing up a string of high-profile targets could be freed in months. Extremists Salahuddin Amin and Omar Khyam have both been referred to the Parole Board for potential release.
They were major players in a five-man terror cell jailed for life in 2007 over a deadly plot to use fertiliser-based explosives to blow up Kent’s Bluewater Shopping Centre and London’s Ministry of Sound nightclub.
The pair of Al Qaeda-inspired extremists is up for parole despite a judge at their 2007 trial saying: “You have betrayed this country that has given you every opportunity. All of you may never be released.”
Manchester Arena bomb victim Jade Clough urged the Parole Board not to release them.
It comes after another terrorist who wanted to blow up a Territorial Army base will be officially released in weeks, despite two experts saying he should remain in prison.

Jade Clough has urged for the pair not to be released (Image: John Gladwin/Reach pLC)
The Conservatives have urged Justice Secretary David Lammy to stop the release of Al Qaeda-inspired Zahid Iqbal.
Now the Express can reveal this new case involving Amin, 50 and Khyam, 43.
There are fears the pair will be released after two of the other gang members were freed in 2024.
They also wanted to set off a radioactive “dirty device”, cripple the UK’s gas or electricity network and target the House of Commons.
The Parole Board will decide whether to have a full hearing or even release them straight away.
Their progress in prison, mindset, beliefs and how they have interacted with other prisoners is likely to be assessed to see whether they can be allowed back in the community.
Khyam, aged 25 in 2007 when jailed, had boasted about links to Al Qaeda. The judge described him as “ruthless, devious, artful and dangerous”.
After the verdicts, it emerged that police had monitored Khyam repeatedly in the company of two of the July 7 bombers more than a year before the London suicide attacks, but that officers failed to act on the information.
Khyam, from Crawley, West Sussex, was found guilty of conspiring to cause explosions likely to endanger life between January 1, 2003 and March 31, 2004, possessing 600kg of ammonium nitrate fertiliser for terrorist purposes, and possessing aluminium powder for terrorism.
He was told he would serve at least 20 years in prison, but so far it has only been 18.
Amin, who was 32 when jailed, was found guilty of conspiring to cause explosions likely to endanger life and was given life with a minimum of 17 and a half years.
Jade, who was injured in the 2017 Manchester Arena attack, said: “These people destroy lives for dozens and hundreds of people.
“They should not be released. These two individuals wanted to cause mass casualties and target vast locations.
“It terrifies me to think they could soon be out. There needs to be an urgent rethink.”


