News

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested as police issue statement

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested by police this morning.

The Funeral Of The Duchess Of Kent

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested by police (Image: Getty)

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, Thames Valley Police have said. It comes less than an hour after six unnmarked police vehicles were pictured arriving at Wood Farm this morning, the temporary home Andrew has been living in on the King’s Sandringham Estate. Searches are also being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk, the force said.

The arrest falls on the disgraced former Duke of York’s 66th birthday. If found guilty, the maximum sentence for misconduct in public office is life imprisonment.

Thames Valley Police, who did not name Andrew as per UK law, said in a statement on Thursday morning: “As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

“The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”

Police raid Andrew Mountbatten Windsor’s house

Unmarked police cars were pictured arriving at Wood Farm this morning (Image: Bav Media)

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

The force previously said it was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, and claims he shared sensitive information with the paedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.

Andrew, who turns 66 today, has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing. Norfolk Constabulary has been contacted for comment.

Buckingham Palace has not yet responded to the police update this morning.

Police raid Andrew Mountbatten Windsor’s house

Police were seen outside Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s home this morning (Image: Bav Media)

Sandringham police

Police cars where photographed on the Sandringham Estate this morning (Image: Ian Vogler / Daily Mirror)

Earlier on Thursday, six unmarked police cars were parked near Wood Farm, where Andrew is temporarily living after his exile from Royal Lodge in Windsor, with around eight plainclothes officers seen attending the property.

One officer was seen carrying a police-issue laptop. One of the cars drove down the front drive and the other five went in the back entrance to the five-bedroom farmhouse in the village of Wolferton.

It comes as seven UK police forces are said to be examining new evidence from the Epstein files. This includes Essex Police, the Met, Thames Valley, Bedfordshire, Surrey, Norfolk and Wiltshire. The forces are working together in their enquiries to ensure there is a consistent approach applied during the investigations.

Yesterday, it emerged that the National Crime Agency (NCA) is working with the police task force assessing the Epstein files, including claims made against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.

LEAVE A RESPONSE

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *